Choose a topic to see related posts
Mistakes Singers Make
1. Hookah: don’t smoke yourself out the night before a show
2. Edibles: if you’re going to get stoned (not that I’m recommending it) don’t smoke it; eat it.
3. Scream: no screaming fight with your boyfriend/girlfriend/manager. Same for going to a sporting event and cheering.
4. Phone: a show day isn’t a good time to be having lots of phone conversations in loud rooms or noisy cars
5. Friends: don’t let your very excited friends wind you up with their adrenaline in your dressing room
6. Heels: don’t put on your super high heels until after the stylist is done with your hair unless you don’t mind kneeling (the artist was wearing a huge dress she [...]
My 15 year old daughter is a talented singer/songwriter but I feel her songs need to be stronger. She's tried writing with a kid from school but she felt he wasn’t as knowledgeable as she is and that he was stubborn about using his own ideas. How can we find someone to write with her.
I’m stuck. I sound the same every time I sing my songs; my shows are the same. I'm losing the feeling. How do I break out of my funk?
Last night at our gig the bass player was really sloppy in his rhythm playing. I don’t think he practices enough. Is it time to look for a new one?
My registers don't connect very well. There’s a big break when I pop over from one to the other. What can I do to smooth out the connection between the two.
My drummer plays so hard and loud that I can't hear myself sing. I've asked him to tone it down but he tells me to sing harder.
I want to work on my pitch but it’s hard to do by myself since I’m not sure when I’m in tune.